When can I start traveling again? I had never imagined a time when traveling would become a distant dream. For me, traveling to new destinations …Learning to be a tourist in my own city during a pandemic.
Step 5 Initiate actions that support your feelings of abundance and success. Here, the key word is actions. I’ve been calling this acting as if or …Daily Dose for the Soul
So I’m giving shortbread a go today, and thought I would share my experience with you all! This is my first time trying it out so any helpful tips or comments are much appreciated ❤️ Be sure to check out my other recipe articles too!
First of all my recipe tells me to get my oven on to 130 fan assisted or 150 degrees normal. Now that’s warming up I can concentrate on the mix.
For this recipe I’m using; 150g plain flour – 100g softened diced butter – 50g sugar –
Rub the flour and softened butter together to form a bread crumb like texture. Then add in your sugar and stir until you start to form a ball.
You can then turn it out on a floured work surface and briefly knead it until it’s soft. Mine broke up a few times whilst kneading so I made sure to be gentle.
Once it’s smooth pat in out into a circle and gently slide it into you’re tin. I choose a 20cm baking tin as that’s what seemed to fit it best. Use a knife to gently mark 8 pieces in the top and prick each piece a couple times with a fork. Then it’s ready to go in the oven!
Bake for 30-35 mins and REMEMBER IT SHOULD BE PALE. Leave it to cool off and it’s ready to go! Great for dunking in tea and coffee too.
Don’t forget to leave me any tips or advice on cooking shortbread in the comments and take a look around at the other recipes available or subscribe for email alerts on new content. Thanks for reading!
- Eat Breakfast! – remember learning that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Well, it’s true, making sure you are getting your morning fuel is crucial to being healthier, studies show that eating breakfast can help reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease and of course gives you the energy to get through the day! (Read here for more info on how breakfast can benefit you – https://www.rush.edu/news/why-you-should-eat-breakfast)
For some ideas on what to make for breakfast try the following link –https://www.loveandlemons.com/healthy-breakfast-ideas/
- Drink lots of water – staying hydrated is key to a healthy body, it helps your skin, your body and your mind. drinking enough water helps carry nutrients and circulate oxigen in your cells and helps protect the organs, tissues and joints.
- Wake up early – we could all use a little more time in the day but waking up early is a great way to make that time and get a headstart on all the things on your to-do list, studies also show that people who go to bed earlier and wake up earlier have higher levels of productivity, and also show a more positive mindset. (To read more on the benefifits of waking up early check out this article – https://nypost.com/2019/06/11/waking-up-early-can-make-you-happier-and-healthier-study/#:~:text=In%20fact%2C%20new%20international%20research,stressed%20under%20their%20new%20sleep)
- Practise self-care – for me this is crucial to leading a healthier life, practising self-care can be as simple as reading a few positive affirmations in the mirror once a week but is so powerful, taking the time out for yourself can help you relieve stress, it can work wonders when suffering emotional difficulties, and most importantly it makes you feel good!
- Eat whole, real foods – everyone loves a visit to Mcdonalds or KFC every now and again and there’s nothing wrong with that, but including a range of whole real meals (unprocessed) in your day can improve your health and reduce symptoms of diabetes, heart disease and even cancer!
- Daily walk – taking a brisk walk each day is something to include in your habits as many studies have researched all the benefits of a daily walk and it works wonders for your physical health and your mental health. It can help with joint problems or muscular pain, it helps reduce high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other conditions.
- Meditate daily – taking time out to meditate daily is beneficial in so many ways. It’s a great way to reduce levels of stress and anxiety, there is also research that shows it can also reduce age-related memory loss symptoms. It can help increase your quality of sleep and it definitely helps gain better mental discipline.
- Exercise – this may be an obvious one but no less important. Doing regular exercise is one of the best ways to keep a healthy body, with added benefits like reducing the risk of internal conditions like heart disease or diabetes it can also be a great way to reduce stress, it can improve your mood and give you the energy boost your body needs.
- Sleep well – getting enough sleep is vital to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, as without enough sleep our bodies and minds cannot function properly. Its also proven that having a regular sleep pattern can improve your immune system, strengthen your heart and even increase productivity.
reflection while walking in argo park – spring 2021 — “the way we experience the world is a direct reflection of the world within us.” -gabrielle …reflection.
Welcome to the Daily Dose of Self Love. This series will be about self love, self care, self esteem and self worth. Basically everything related with…Daily Dose of Self Love
I remember like it was yesterday when I was a new blogger, I felt so overwhelmed at everything there is to learn that it made me feel very anxious. I…How to Not Feel Overwhelmed as a New Blogger
Whether you want to get into shape, or improve your health in general, daily exercise is important and necessary but it can still be easy and fun! Below I have put together a list of all the regular exercises I enjoy practicing to help strengthen my body and mind. I like to spread different exercises out throughout the week rather than long sessions on certain days. The most important thing is to find whats right for your body, and don’t push yourself too hard too fast!
Squats – they are such a great booty builder, and by doing daily squats you can help tone up your legs, increase stability and bloodflow. It also makes everyday tasks that little bit easier as they give you more flexibility and looses up the joints.
Meditation – a personal favourite of mine, I do 10 mins a day whenever I can fitit it in mostly in the evening to help wind down! Not only does it provide mental clarity it can increase your energy. For me it helps to reduce anxiety and stress.
Burpees – they can be a little tough to begin with but are great for the body, they help build overall strength, improve posture and composition, and they can even improve your lung and heart capacity. And of cours enot forget they are great for burning calories as they really get your heart going and blood flowing.
Plank Hold – plank position is another one of my personal favs as its easy to do and doesn’t break me out in a sweat lol ! Doing the plank regularly can help reduce back pain and strengthen your back in general. It builds core muscles and improves your balance and posture.
Breathing exercises – getting into the habit of practicing a daily breathing exercise is so beneficial for the body! It helps release up to 70% of toxins from your system. Other benefits include the elevation of mood, release of built up tension and reduces emotional distress, and it can even improve your blood quality!
Glute Bridge – A great one if you spend a lot of time at a desk or suffer from back pains. Doing these daily can strengthen your lower back and can ease lower back pain as it stretches the chest, neck and spine and releases any tensions. It can also help improve blood circulation and allievate stress.
Jumping Jacks – this exercise really gets your heart pumping which is great for your heart, daily blood flow stimulation is reccomended no matter your age! Jumping jacks can also help increase your coordination, boost your mood and help build body muscle.
Positive Affirmations – I highly reccomend this for everyone and anyone! Its a great way to work on your mental health and grow more self accepting! And quite frankly, everyoen can do with lovign themselves a little bit more. It also helps focus your personal intentions, get into a better mental state, and help you feel more confident in yourself. The following link is a great website if you need some inspiration! – https://www.huffpost.com/entry/affirmations_b_3527028
Incorporating daily exercises into your day to day routine is so beneficial for your health, and from personal experience the above ones have been the best to get my health and mind back on track, I hope they can be just as useful for you too!
Please let me know any daily habits you have to make your life a little better and let me know if any of my suggestions have worked for you!
I love me a good afternoon of binge-worthy telly, if your anything like me then check out my list of Netflix shows to add to your list when you are looking for something to get gripped on!
It took me a while to select only 10 series considering there are about 40 I wanted to include but these 9 are my top recommendations for now… There will be more list to come!
The Ranch – now it took me few episodes to get hooked on this series, but when I did I literally watched nothing else for a couple weeks. It’s about a small town ranch it’s funny, sad, and moving. It an easy one to watch as well if you want something on in the background, There are loads of seasons too and they are bringing out new ones still so plenty to binge!
Ratched – this was trending for a reason when it came out, full of plot twists and drama it’s gripping from the very beginning all the way to the unexpected end, it gets pretty gruesome at times to be fair but it is so easy to binge I had to include it on this list.
The Duchess – I totally loved this and finished it the same day, it made me actually laugh out loud which is a novelty for TV! The hilarious comedian Katherine Ryan is so funny in this series about her life and raising her daughter, it is fictional but written by Katherine herself so has put a lot of herself into and it paid off!
House Of Cards – If you are looking for something to really sink your teeth into, this is the one for you! This political drama is just brilliant, including enough scandal, romance, and unexpected storylines it so makes it binge-worthy! There are 6 seasons to get through but I think it’s a shame there weren’t more seasons!
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – I’m not normally one to go for teenage witchy or vampire-like series as they’re not really my thing, but being a fan of the original Sabrina movie I thought I would try it, and I was not disappointed! It is cringy at times but so binge-worthy, I even got my boyfriend hooked on it!
Riverdale – Again, this is another cringe-filled teenage American high school-based drama but it does actually get really good, I initially put it on because I was fed up with scrolling through so many options and ended up hooked! Just when you think they can’t do anything else with it, they hit you with another wild closing scene that makes you just want to watch the next one! (plus there are so many seasons to waste some time on)
Atypical – This is a great watch, it is heartwarming and funny and really different from all the other stuff that’s out there at that moment. It follows the life of a teenage boy throughout various life events and the challenges that come with growing up when on the autism spectrum.
End of the f* world – Netflix did well when they put together this series based on the comic book by Charles Forsman, I think I have watched it 3 times already and am hoping they will bring out more. The dark twist it has that one of the main characters is pretty sure he’s a psychopath combined with the witty humor and dramatic events will definitely have you pressing the next episode button!
Cobra Kai – Now I wasn’t a fan of the karate kid movies (yes I said it!) But I really got into the whole storyline when I ended up watching this because my boyfriend wanted to watch it, and now I find myself doing random karate chops with my headband around my face at any given moment! For the lovers of the film they have kept the original cast which is a bonus, but it’s also full of drama, action and even has its romances and is just an all-around well-made series!
Stay tuned for more content on what to watch! Leave me your thoughts on any you think should be on the list in the comments below!