Step 5 Initiate actions that support your feelings of abundance and success. Here, the key word is actions. I’ve been calling this acting as if or …Daily Dose for the Soul
- Eat Breakfast! – remember learning that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Well, it’s true, making sure you are getting your morning fuel is crucial to being healthier, studies show that eating breakfast can help reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease and of course gives you the energy to get through the day! (Read here for more info on how breakfast can benefit you – https://www.rush.edu/news/why-you-should-eat-breakfast)
For some ideas on what to make for breakfast try the following link –https://www.loveandlemons.com/healthy-breakfast-ideas/
- Drink lots of water – staying hydrated is key to a healthy body, it helps your skin, your body and your mind. drinking enough water helps carry nutrients and circulate oxigen in your cells and helps protect the organs, tissues and joints.
- Wake up early – we could all use a little more time in the day but waking up early is a great way to make that time and get a headstart on all the things on your to-do list, studies also show that people who go to bed earlier and wake up earlier have higher levels of productivity, and also show a more positive mindset. (To read more on the benefifits of waking up early check out this article – https://nypost.com/2019/06/11/waking-up-early-can-make-you-happier-and-healthier-study/#:~:text=In%20fact%2C%20new%20international%20research,stressed%20under%20their%20new%20sleep)
- Practise self-care – for me this is crucial to leading a healthier life, practising self-care can be as simple as reading a few positive affirmations in the mirror once a week but is so powerful, taking the time out for yourself can help you relieve stress, it can work wonders when suffering emotional difficulties, and most importantly it makes you feel good!
- Eat whole, real foods – everyone loves a visit to Mcdonalds or KFC every now and again and there’s nothing wrong with that, but including a range of whole real meals (unprocessed) in your day can improve your health and reduce symptoms of diabetes, heart disease and even cancer!
- Daily walk – taking a brisk walk each day is something to include in your habits as many studies have researched all the benefits of a daily walk and it works wonders for your physical health and your mental health. It can help with joint problems or muscular pain, it helps reduce high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other conditions.
- Meditate daily – taking time out to meditate daily is beneficial in so many ways. It’s a great way to reduce levels of stress and anxiety, there is also research that shows it can also reduce age-related memory loss symptoms. It can help increase your quality of sleep and it definitely helps gain better mental discipline.
- Exercise – this may be an obvious one but no less important. Doing regular exercise is one of the best ways to keep a healthy body, with added benefits like reducing the risk of internal conditions like heart disease or diabetes it can also be a great way to reduce stress, it can improve your mood and give you the energy boost your body needs.
- Sleep well – getting enough sleep is vital to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, as without enough sleep our bodies and minds cannot function properly. Its also proven that having a regular sleep pattern can improve your immune system, strengthen your heart and even increase productivity.
Welcome to the Daily Dose of Self Love. This series will be about self love, self care, self esteem and self worth. Basically everything related with…Daily Dose of Self Love
Whether you want to get into shape, or improve your health in general, daily exercise is important and necessary but it can still be easy and fun! Below I have put together a list of all the regular exercises I enjoy practicing to help strengthen my body and mind. I like to spread different exercises out throughout the week rather than long sessions on certain days. The most important thing is to find whats right for your body, and don’t push yourself too hard too fast!
Squats – they are such a great booty builder, and by doing daily squats you can help tone up your legs, increase stability and bloodflow. It also makes everyday tasks that little bit easier as they give you more flexibility and looses up the joints.
Meditation – a personal favourite of mine, I do 10 mins a day whenever I can fitit it in mostly in the evening to help wind down! Not only does it provide mental clarity it can increase your energy. For me it helps to reduce anxiety and stress.
Burpees – they can be a little tough to begin with but are great for the body, they help build overall strength, improve posture and composition, and they can even improve your lung and heart capacity. And of cours enot forget they are great for burning calories as they really get your heart going and blood flowing.
Plank Hold – plank position is another one of my personal favs as its easy to do and doesn’t break me out in a sweat lol ! Doing the plank regularly can help reduce back pain and strengthen your back in general. It builds core muscles and improves your balance and posture.
Breathing exercises – getting into the habit of practicing a daily breathing exercise is so beneficial for the body! It helps release up to 70% of toxins from your system. Other benefits include the elevation of mood, release of built up tension and reduces emotional distress, and it can even improve your blood quality!
Glute Bridge – A great one if you spend a lot of time at a desk or suffer from back pains. Doing these daily can strengthen your lower back and can ease lower back pain as it stretches the chest, neck and spine and releases any tensions. It can also help improve blood circulation and allievate stress.
Jumping Jacks – this exercise really gets your heart pumping which is great for your heart, daily blood flow stimulation is reccomended no matter your age! Jumping jacks can also help increase your coordination, boost your mood and help build body muscle.
Positive Affirmations – I highly reccomend this for everyone and anyone! Its a great way to work on your mental health and grow more self accepting! And quite frankly, everyoen can do with lovign themselves a little bit more. It also helps focus your personal intentions, get into a better mental state, and help you feel more confident in yourself. The following link is a great website if you need some inspiration! – https://www.huffpost.com/entry/affirmations_b_3527028
Incorporating daily exercises into your day to day routine is so beneficial for your health, and from personal experience the above ones have been the best to get my health and mind back on track, I hope they can be just as useful for you too!
Please let me know any daily habits you have to make your life a little better and let me know if any of my suggestions have worked for you!
Life is far from simple and we all have some level of highs, lows, and straight-up messy times. When struggling with your mental health finding ways to distract the mind and make it better can be tough, I know for me crawling into a ball and hiding is what I want to do most days, but I have also learned (the hard way) that this does not solve anything, and when you unwrap yourself from that protected ball, all the feelings are still present and life still goes on.
We read a lot about how important self-care is but we don’t always know what that actually means or what to do to make it apart of our daily lives. Over time I have tried and tested so many activities, methods, and things to make the bad days not feel so bad, and of course different things can work for different people, but below I have narrowed down my top recommended activities to incorporate self-care into your day to day and to help you find ways of coping with any difficulties you are going through.
– Keep a journal, I love to write as for me it’s an easy way to express myself and my feelings but if you don’t like writing so much maybe try something simpler like making a list of positive affirmations, a to-do list, or things you are grateful for. There is also a really cool series on Netflix, in collaboration with Headspace (a meditation company ) all about calming the mind that is a brilliant distraction if you’re having a bad day but don’t want to get your pen and paper out.
(This is the one I have – https://www.amazon.es/Legend-Planner-Planificador-Organizador-productividad/dp/B07H4KBS4T/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=legend+planner&qid=1615066948&sr=8-3)
– Be physically active, I will always take the opportunity to encourage someone to take up exercising for all the obvious reasons, whether it be working out or something lighter like yoga and pilates, but the truth is we don’t all want to exercise, and a lot of the time we don’t have the time! however, that doesn’t mean you can’t get active, try going out for a walk, or taking the stairs instead of the lift. My personal favorite is to dance around at any given chance, doing housework, or sometimes I just take a half-hour to turn my music up and like the saying goes ‘ dance like no one watching’.
– Get creative, you don’t have to get too complicated and spend a fortune when trying to bring out the creative side in you. Adult coloring books are a great way to bring about mindfulness and an easy way to distract yourself from any negative thinking. If you don’t want to get a book, try just printing a free downloadable page on the internet. There is also research that it increases self-esteem.
I like to use this page especially https://www.art-is-fun.com/free-adult-coloring-pages/
– Get enough sleep, lack of sleep often underpins mood swings or anxiety. Sleep helps reduce stress and anxiety and can also help increase your immune system. Try to establish a good sleep pattern, remember we need 7-8 hours at least to be fully recharged! If you struggle to get to sleep at night try developing a nighttime routine and be consistent with it to help you settle down before bed.
– Organize yourself, even if you think they are little things, make yourself a habit tracker, and try making a monthly goal plan to help focus your priorities. I like to make lists and keep a daily planner filled out, you can use printables from google or invest in a planner diary (my friend got me one for my birthday and I use it all the time) especially on the bad days as it gives me a focus point to come back to and it motivates me to do something. Most of the time it’s silly things like email granny or do washing so don’t feel like you need big events going on all the time to feel busy.
Here a link to an easy planner you can print out – https://pin.it/4JechxD
I hope this can help you as much as it has me, don’t forget to leave me your feedback,comments, and questions below!
It is safe to say that the science behind skin care is super important, but don’t let that intimidate you into not knowing what products are best for you but before that, you need to know what skin type you have! Once you have determined your skin type, you can then move on to choosing out the best formulas, products, and skincare routines for your skin!
Before trying to determine your skin type, you should clean your face with a mild cleanser and just dab it dry. Refrain from using any products, wait about 25 minutes before taking a closer examination!
There are five basic skin types: normal, oily, dry, combination, and sensitive. Keep reading to determine your skin and read the best tips on taking care of it.
Normal skin – clear skin, no major reactions to new products, make-up, or weather changes, your skin is not too dry and not too oily either. Normal skin tends to have a well-balanced even tone all over.
Oily skin – the best way to tell if you have oily skin is to look at the shine and texture, excess oil over the t-zone (forehead nose, and cheeks) is a key sign and so is having a shiny forehead and nose, skin can feel greasy or oily and is prone to spots and breakouts.
Dry skin – this skin type can cause the skin to be flaky or itchy, dry skin can make your face feel tight, and most of the time you can see and feel the lack of hydration. Dry skin will be at its worst in the wind and the hotter months!
Combination – having a combination of skin types can be tricky to tell but it is a mix of areas that are more oily and shiny combined with other areas being dry and dehydrated. this can include a shiny forehead and cheeks but a dry chin area and neck.
Sensitive skin – you can mostly tell you have sensitive skin by its prone to redness and dryness in the skin. Reactions to make-.up or facial products are common alongside breakouts when the face is not cleaned and treated properly.
How to care for your skin?
Normal skin – Luckily for normal skin, skin routines are simpler. It’s vital to maintain a well-balanced tone over the skin so using a soft daily moisturizer every day is a good step to include! Make sure to use SPF, (I like to use a cream that has SPF in it to save a step in the routine). Hydration masks are always beneficial too!
Oily skin – You should look for products that focus on balancing the excess oil from your skin, and make sure that if you exfoliate you use a non-granulated formula, foam exfoliates are great for oily skin as they don’t spread the excess oil around the face or irritate the surface.
Dry skin – If you suffer from dry skin you should look for products that are hydrating, and free from chemicals or intense fragrances to avoid further dryness. Getting a hydrating oil or serum to apply at night is a good way to put it back into your skin too!
Combination skin – With skin that has different areas of dry and oily skin, finding a product that is for all skin types is the best way to go. Gently exfoliates (again I would recommend a foam or gel exfoliate) Keeping your skin balanced is key, so find a routine that suits all types.
Sensitive skin – When you have sensitive skin you will know that you can’t just use any product, find gentle formulas designed for sensitive skin. I like to use vegan products as I find they are the softest on my skin.
Using face masks weekly that focuses on reducing the appearance of redness is a great way to get a more even tone.
I hope this has helped you figure out some key steps for your skincare! Leave your comments and questions in the comments below!! Come back to my blog soon to see more must-read content on skincare, individual routines for each skin type and I will also be discussing some of the most popular products around!